Friday, January 4, 2008

My Investment Portfolio Return for 2007

The brokerage account, rollover IRA and Roth IRA consist of stocks and ETFs. These accounts are actively traded. The 401k, the Janus account and the 529 plan consist of buy-and-hold mutual funds.

Returns include all dividends, capital gains and interests on cash balances (before taxes). The brokerage and Janus accounts are the only taxable accounts.

In 2007, the S&P500 was up 5.49% including dividends (3.53% before dividends).

The Janus account consists of just 2 mutual funds, the Contrarian and the Overseas. Needless to say I am very pleased with the 24% return.

On the other hand, I am disappointed by the performance of my 401k. My company decided in November to move the 401k to a new platform with a set of different mutual funds. Let’s hope for better results in 2008.

No comments: