Friday, November 9, 2007

401K moving to a new investment platform

My company announced today that our 401K will be moving to a new investment platform. Out of the current 29 investment options offered, 21 of them will be eliminated and replaced with 18 new ones. The company is putting a positive spin on the change: “These changes are being made so you may select from a more diverse and competitive fund array“. Even though there are slightly less investment options to choose from, I guess it is possible that the new ones are more diverse and more competitive…

My current asset allocation is 25% International, 25% small cap, 25% mid cap and 25% large cap. My international fund remains in the new platform. I have until December 10th to choose 3 new funds for the other categories.

No comments: